Higgins i-Card Broker Demo How-To
This site interoperates with the new Higgins i-card broker. Higgins is a framework that enables users and enterprises to integrate identity, profile, and relationship information across multiple systems.
1. You must have Firefox version 1.5
2. You must install the Higgins HBX Firefox plugin and restart your brower - the plugin is necessary to establish a connection between this site and your Higgins profile.
Demo pt1: IDMashup to i-card broker
You can demo IDMashup to Higgins i-card broker data interoperability by following these steps.
1. If you do not have one already, create an account on this site by clicking the "Join" link in the upper right.
2. Log in to the site and click the "Profile" link in upper right.
3. Fill in the profile fields and click "Save"
4. Click on the Higgins icon next to your Firefox location bar. A browser window will open with your i-card information. Your updated iCard information may now be shared with other Higgins enabled application.
5. Select your conference i-card to see your filled in conference profile.
Now that you have successfully installed the Higgins i-card broker on this site, read about how your profile information is used.
Demo pt2: i-card broker to IDMashup
To see how your updated conference i-card information can move seemlessly from the Higgins i-card broker to IDMashup, follow these steps.
1. Click on the Higgins icon next to your Firefox location bar.
2. Select your conference i-card.
3. Click "Edit" in upper right.
4. Make changes to your profile.
5. Don't forget to scroll to the bottom and enter your physical conference card's Member ID and choose your Beneficiary.
6. Click "Save"
7. Return to this site and click the "Profile" link.
8. See your i-card changes reflected in your IDMashup profile.